Saturday, September 27, 2008

Wedding Part I & Baby Girl Part II

Hello Family:

September 19-20 was a crazy weekend. The 19th was the most exciting of days because it was Lisa Grigg & R.D. Coronado's special day.

We had all waited for this day with bated breath and it finally came. That Friday was a beautiful day out in Santa Monica. Mom, Dad, Sara, Andrew & I joined the happy couple as they were married for time and all eternity in the Los Angeles Temple.

We then exited for pictures and the fun to begin. By then it had gotten pretty hot but Lisa's family had put together R.D. & Lisa Coronado water bottles and snacks. Lisa's sister-in-law Linda is a very creative and talented woman. In fact she was given the name S.O.B. (It stands for sister of the bride) get your minds out of the gutter. :)

After the pictures there was a very nice luncheon at Joe & Linda's house. (Although we called it Linner or Dunch as it was way after lunch but before dinner).

The fun festivities were carried over into Saturday night at the Oakmont Country Club where there was good food, dancing, a lovely toast from Lisa's Father-in-Law Raul Coronado and a another family toast from Lisa's brother Bill. I'm sure Lisa's Mom Joyce was there in spirit to enjoy the festivties also.

Besides being the one and only bridesmaid I was also the guest soloist. I sang "Love Changes Everything" which is one of Lisa's favorite songs. I have known I was to sing this song for years and it finally came to pass. :) J/K

My hugs and love to the happy couple. And I just want to say that I have inherited a new friend-in-law.

Love

Marilee




Always take the time to smell the roses




Sara & Andrew look much more relaxed then
they did on February 8th. :)


A little sister bonding while we wait for the
happy couple to emerge.



I am so just so excited that Lisa is married!



R.D. & Lisa Coronado




Ahh such happiness!!



Check out the sexy purple
heels




The newest family R.D. ,Lisa & Alex
Coronado





Lisa's family L-R

Brother Bill, Sister Carol the happy couple of course,
Lisa's Dad Joe Sr & her brother Joe Jr.




Lisa's Dad, The happy couple, and R.D.'s parents
Raul & Aurora Coronado




Part II

What made this weekend even crazier was that we fit in a baby shower for my very pregnant sister Sara. She has 7 weeks to go before she & Andrew welcome their little girl into the world and we thought since they were coming down for Lisa's wedding we wanted to have her celebrate with her family and California friends.

But this is where my part stops and Cindy's starts. Cindy knew it was such a busy weekend for me with Lisa's wedding that she planned, decorated and hosted a beautiful baby shower at Uncle's house.

It is always so much fun to see family & friends and we always have such a good time together.

There was a delicious buffet, yummy cake and lots of presents. I was so grateful to Cindy that she was able to spearhead such a wonderful shower.

I know you have seen pictures in Cindy's blog but I also have included my pictures. I am so grateful to the family and friends that made the long trek's to La Crescenta to celebrate Andrew & Sara's upcoming event.

Love Again

Marilee





The handsome father to be



The sweet parents to be



Mary Jade's loot



Posing with the group gift (My only
responsibility-Thank you Cindy)
Stroller & infant car seat



Stop taking our picture with the
food and let us eat it



Yummy pumpkin spice cake with Cream Cheese
filling and whipped cream frosting...Oh sorry I'm
drooling.



Gran always wanted you to pose
with flowers.


Cindy & Sara, is the baby moving??



Hug for the road cousin.

1 comment:

T&C said...

It was my pleasure. And believe me the things you contributed BEYOND helped me! It was a fun day.