Sunday, July 13, 2008

Toy Story Mania

Hello Family:

Saturday Mindy, Mikaela & I met at California Adventure to go on the new Toy Story Mania ride.

It was really nice because it wasn't very crowded and the wait for a brand new ride was only 30 minutes. So we went a 2nd time and only had to wait 15 minutes. One of the things that entertain you while you wait in line is a Mr. Potato Head that is interactive with the crowd.

I've attached a video that shows he was talking to Mikaela & I. I'm sorry the video is sideways, so just turn you head. :)

The ride is a 3-D adventure that has been designed to look like carnival games. Your crazy moving car stops in front of different screens and gives you approx 20 seconds to rack up points by tossing rings over aliens, shooting plates, & popping water balloons. When the water balloons pop you can actually feel a little spray of water or feel the air as a broken plate rushes by.

If you have the time & the money I suggest you check it out.

On our way to meet Melissa for lunch we stopped to see the baby ducks that were frolicking at the wharf. I have attached a video of that also.

We then met Melissa in Downtown Disney for a relaxing lunch @ La Brea Bakery, and a stroll through the shops. Even though it was hot & muggy it was a real fun day.




Our in line entertainment




Time to get our 3-D Glasses



Yeah, we're cool...



Mikaela makes them look much better.



Waiting in line.



Here comes our ride.



Our number has been called. Time to get in.



Our stop at the wharf to see the Baby Ducks





Mikaela & the Green Army Men



Mikaela was called up for an Up
Close and Personal.




Mr Potato Head Speaks



I'm Just a baby duck

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the baby duck video the best. Just hearing your voice and seeing things that are familiar to me make me smile.

Jyl said...

Looks like so much fun! So wait is Sarah expecting?> YAY! if she is! Thats fantastic!