Sunday, October 11, 2009

We're Swingers

That's right, you heard me right. The Potter / Ostler families are now swingers.

One day Dad came home and said his Mary Jade was going to want a swing. So I was thinking, something simple hanging from our well developed Mulberry tree.

But if you know my Dad, if a little is good a LOT is BETTER. All of a sudden lumber started to show up and then bags of cement, and then chains and then rope. All I could think was, uh oh!

He said he was going to have a swing built. I then found out that this was something Mom wanted also because she heard that swinging is good for your knees.

So the next day, the crew showed up to build "The Swing of all Swings"

I have pictures attached so you can appreciate it's building from the ground up and how much we enjoy it.

If you are ever in La Crescenta, please stop on by and come swing with us. We would love to see you.

Love The Potter / Ostler Families.



Our Empty backyard



The lay out of "The Swing"



Having the deep support holes dug



The guys let Dad mix the cement so he felt
like he was part of the crew! :-)



Installing the frame. Those look
heavy!



My rude father says he was measuring
the seat but I think he was using it as an
excuse to beat me, after all these years!
:-)



Time to let the frame dry! Almost time for
the Grand Opening Swing.



Mary approves and says when
can we swing Grandpa!



And after a beautiful green paint job completed
by Dad and yours truly Grandma and Mary are
ready to ride!



I decide to give it a try. Here we go!



Mary wouldn't look at the camera because
she enjoyed it too much that Grandpa was
next to her.



It's time for a family swing.



Grandpa..Thank you so much for the swing
You Rock. Love Mary Jade

No comments: