Thursday, February 5, 2009

Marilee has a sink. Woo Hoo!

I must share my frustrating month and a half with you.

On December 20th, I noticed that my bathroom rug was very wet. I kept looking under the sink only to find that everything appeared to be dry. But the drawer underneath had a mysterious puddle of water that I kept cleaning up.

I started to have thoughts of water seeping from unknown places, and plumbing bills in the thousands.

I unloaded the whole cabinet in preparation for the plumbers on Monday morning. They also saw that the towels were very wet and that it was dripping into the lower drawer but couldn't find where it was dripping from. We finally discovered the tiny leak in one of the valves which was slowly dripping and causing a pool of water in the bottom drawer.

We thought good, repair the valve and we will move on. But Noooooo! I went to open the bottom drawer and it fell off in my hands. This slow leak had destroyed the particle board construction and left us with an even bigger mess.

So we went to Lowe's and picked a new sink, cabinet and faucet. But the bad news was it wouldn't be delivered for a month. I thought that won't be so bad. At least I have another bathroom.

I know my Great, Great, Great Grandmother Ann Jewell Rowley, that crossed the plains would shake her head when I say this, but it is a pain for 3 people to share a bathroom. Dad knew it was getting bad when I started to wash my face at the kitchen sink.

It was finally delivered and installed this week and I am the happiest person in the world.

I have been walking around the house, saying "I Love My Sink".

So if you are in the neighborhood, come by and wash your hands in my new sink.



Very wet towels.



Preparation for removal



Goodbye sink



What a freaking mess.




Checkout my new pretty sink.

No comments: